Christmas Quiet time activity – Building a Christmas Tree
Today I am going to share with you a simple educational quiet time activity that you can make for your little ones using simple equipments in the house.
Building a Christmas Tree.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1 piece of green paper
- A small piece of brown paper
- Coloured marker pens
How to do it:
- Cut strips of green paper with a pair of scissors at different lengths
- Cut a small piece of brown rectangle as the tree trunk
- Write the numbers on the strips (see below for more ideas)
- Mix up the strips and ask your little one to build the tree
This is a versatile activity, you can use it to teach or reinforce your kid on the following areas:
- Number sequence (in numerals, English number words, Chinese number words etc.) (see pictures below)
- Spellings on names and sight words (see pictures below)
You can use it:
- as a morning work activity in the house
- when waiting for food in a restaurant / clinic (this activity is light weight so it is easy to put it in your bag and carry around)
- when travelling in an aeroplane (put it in an envelope and give it to your kid as a little surprise)
- in Christmas party where you can use bigger strips of paper so all the kids can play together to build the tree
As I always say, learning is fun and inexpensive.
This article has also been published in Playtimes HK .