Today I am going to share with you another easy-to-make Christmas activity.
During this festive season you might receive some gift guides in the post or when you walk pass the shops and shopping malls. They are beautifully designed with Christmas pictures. After reading what you would like to buy (or what you would like your partner buy for you), don’t throw them away. They can be used for making a simple memory / matching game for your little one to play and learn.
To make the memory game, you will need:
- Gift guide(s)
- Plain paper / card (to support the cut outs)
- Ruler (optional, for cutting the plain paper / card, you can do it free hand)
- Cutter (optional, for cutting the plain paper / card)
How to do it:
- Cut out the Christmas pictures from the gift guide(s)
- Cut the plain paper / card into equal sizes. Find your largest Christmas picture from your cut outs and use that as a reference for the size.
- Glue the pictures onto the plain paper / card
How to play:
- Start off with 2 cards. Randomly pick 2 cards. Lay them in front of your child.
- Ask your child to remember the cards.
- Ask he / she to close the eyes while you take away 1 of the cards.
- Ask your child which one is missing.
- Increase the number of cards to play
- Increase the number of cards that you take away
To make the matching cards game, you will need the same things as above, except that you will need 2 copies of the gift guides. Do the same as above, but make 2 copies of the same Christmas pictures so they can be matched up.
Learning is fun and inexpensive.