The schools in Hong Kong are closed because of the Coronavirus outbreak. It was originally closed for slightly over a month. I did not planned much at the beginning, just doing the usual revision with J. As the outbreak got worse, the government decided to suspend the schools for longer. I then decided to have a more well planned homeschooling schedule.
I would like to share with you some of the websites and iPad apps that I used for teaching J (constantly updating it when I find some great ones).
- Sarah’s Teaching Snippets – Syllable Division Rules
- Woo! Jr. Kids Activities – Weather Mad Libs for Kids
(J did something similar before in a magazine and he loved it. I found this wonderful website called Woo! Jr. Kids Activities and it has a collection of Mad Libs on different topics)
- Woo! Jr. Kids Activities – Logic Puzzles For Kids
(Great for teaching deductive reasoning skills)
- Practical Pages – Mental Maths Practice ~ fun worksheets!
(Nadene has made some wonderful Maths worksheets which are great for my 6 years old J)
- All Kids Network – Kids Sudoku Puzzles
(Just the right level for J to tackle)
(This is like the Sight Words in English but this one is Chinese )
- Pink Stripey Socks – Calder-Inspired Sculptures
(I think J would love this)
- Craft Whack – Cool Colored Paper Collage Sculptures
(This would be fun for J to explore making the paper into different shapes and forms and create some 3D artwork.)
(I like this one because the videos and instructions are clear and easy to follow and understand. Great for beginning like me and J.)
(I like this App for the same reason as above, nice and clear videos and instructions.)